Saturday, January 3, 2015

Harry Potter and the Reluctant Reader

"You haven't read HARRY POTTER?"

"Which Harry Potter character are you? You DON'T know?"

"You can't understand the joke because you haven't read Harry Potter!"

"Man, are you serious? Why didn't you read Harry Potter! Crazy!"

The world went berserk, and I was blissfully ignorant of the awesomeness of Harry Potter books.

Friends found me strange. They reckoned that I was being haughty, and that I found Harry Potter juvenile. But the truth was that I was clueless about why I didn't read Harry Potter for so long. Honestly! Such a shame!

A couple of days ago, after I finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I logged into Goodreads to move the book to the 'Read' shelf. And, I stumbled upon this quote that substantiated (Well, almost!) my reason for not befriending Harry Potter when the books were a rage.

"Sometimes books don't find us until the right time.”
—Gabrielle Zevin

Now, after having read three books, I admit that I had missed a lot.

But, the good news is that there is no deadline really. One is never too old to read Harry Potter.

I am glad that I finally met the boy and his friends. Oh! They are fascinating, aren't they?

And, Rowling is a witch herself. She seemed to have cast a spell on the books. They enchant the readers. What is the name of the spell?

Legentium Delectationem
!

No comments:

Post a Comment