Monday, July 28, 2014

On Writing: A Memoir of the CraftOn Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft' is the first non-fiction that I could finish reading in two nights and this is the only book that I will keep revisiting. Forever! If not for King, maybe it would have taken eternity for me to realise that every writer is ashamed of his or her work while creating it with the door shut. Next time, when I approach a story with nervousness and excitement, I am for sure not going to beat myself up for not being sober. It's comforting to know that King feels writing's an intimate process and a writer should make the first move by succumbing to the impulse to catch the thoughts that float like clouds and to recognise the shapes that those clouds form. And, there is nothing more inspiring than learning that you are not alone with your battles.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment