Saturday, November 19, 2011


Revolution 2020Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Revolution 2020 - A book that I read when I was looking for an aid to overcome my readers' block. It did what it was expected to do. Perhaps if I had had the thirst for a good read, I'm sure that I wouldn't have picked up Chetan Bhagat's books. As a reader who has read all the 5 books of Chetan Bhagat, I reckon that the author hasn't transcended at all. There is no difference in the style of writing and narration between the first book and the recent one.

It looks like that the author has signed a pact with IIT and IIM to mention about them in most of his books. Perhaps, it's time for him to get rid of the IIT obsession and try something novel.

The free-flow prose and the characterization make us think that the author writes his books in a facile manner. It's imperative for the writer to carry out enough research to deceive ardent readers.

I agree with most of the reviewers here. Yes, Revolution 2010 is for the mass. Those who have loved reading classics and literary fiction wouldn't relish these kind of books. If the author's intention is to draw the attention of the mass, he has succeeded already. But if he tried to gain a stand in the art of writing, these kind of books wouldn't help much. Perhaps Chetan should take enough time before he writes his next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment